Recipe facelift : Fudgy Chocolate Cake

If it ain't broken why fix it ...

agreed ...

does tinkering around qualify as fixing ???

I hope not!!!

There is something about not knowing how things will turn out - the thrill of anticipation that I am addicted to. I guess I thrive on the unexpected.

My "Heavenly Chocolate Cake" is not a recipe that qualifies for any need to be tinkered with - but with me one as to expect the unexpected.



The original recipe is as below:
http://sugarinmycup.blogspot.in/2012/11/heavenly-chocolate-cake.html


What changed was:
1. 1.5 cups of dark muscavado sugar in place of the 2 cups of plain sugar
2. 1.5 cups of good quality dutch cocoa replaced the 250 gm of dark chocolate

Everything else remained the same - but I was surprised at the difference in the texture. This one was pleasantly more fudgy - moist and dense - almost like a cake brownie. And the cocoa gave it a very intense chocolate flavour. 

I cant quite pick pick a favourite here. One is light and feathery -the other is dark and intense -both sound perfect to me  

I loved them both


Comments

Popular Posts