Healthy open sandwich with sunflower seeds

Weekday breakfasts don't have to be boring. In fact food should never be boring! That's a general rule of thumb I stand by.

On weekdays my breakfast is generally in the form of cereals or oats. Sometimes I wake up late and go on to have a brunch since I don't have the time to fit in two meals in my morning at all.

I recently thought of making a fresh and healthy sandwich on a morning when despite waking up late I still wanted to have my breakfast. What I came up with was so delicious, that I couldn't wait to share it with you!




I must say it was as delicious to taste as it was refreshing to look at - perfect for the spring summer mornings.

Ingredients


5-6 yellow pear tomatoes 
1/4 red bell pepper sliced
6-8 basil leaves
2 eggs hard boiled
1 tsp sun flower seeds
2 tsp pesto sauce
Salt and pepper for seasoning
2 slices of toasted bread. I used a whole wheat bread here, you can use which ever kind of bread you like.

How to

Spread the pesto on the toasted bread slices.




Next arrange all the toppings on to the bread. 


Sprinkle with sun flower seeds on top and season with salt and pepper.



Look beautiful don't they? Add a glass of cold fruit smoothie and viola, here you have my definition of a perfect breakfast on a work day!


What are some of your favourite and unusual flavour combinations for sandwiches? What do your weekday breakfasts look like? Share your ideas and I will try them in my kitchen post them on SIMC!

Comments

Popular Posts