Mediterranean Open Sandwiches with Sprouts

At the outset I must mention that this recipe is a must try. It is healthy and full of proteins and absolutely delicious. Perfect for a breakfast, lunch or evening snack, basically for every meal. When you are in the mood to eat right and light this is something you must definitely try. 

There is not a lot of fussing around to do for this sandwich, specially if you have hummus already lying around in your pantry. You can easily find hummus these days in stores, however if you are unable to lay your hands on hummus in your nearby store or simply want to make it from scratch I will be sharing a recipe very soon. As you might have guessed, I did make mine form scratch and despite that I still maintain that this is a pretty simple recipe.




Ingredients

4 slices of brown bread cut diagonally into triangles
8-10 olives sliced into rings
1 cup of sprouts (I steamed them for 2 minutes 'coz I do not like the taste of raw sprouts) 
2-3 red chillies sliced (substitute with red bell peppers)
8 tbs of hummus
*Salt
*Black pepper
*Garlic powder
*Oregano/pizza seasoning 

*to taste

How to




Toast the slices of bread on the stove top or in the oven till they are nice and crisp.

Spread the hummus on the bread followed by the sprouts, olives and red chillies.

Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and the oregano or pizza seasoning.

Grill it on high for two minutes and enjoy!

I loved the toasts and actually made them two days in a row. I loved this way of sneaking some healthy sprouts into my meals. What are some of the ways in which you use sprouts - always on the lookout for fun and interesting recipes, I would love to hear form you.

Comments

Popular Posts