Three Super Cool Smoothies to beat the heat

I have been experimenting with various smoothies this last week, trying out all sorts of combinations. In fact I loved them so much that they have substituted my morning breakfasts and midnight snacks. 



I find it so relaxing to blitz up a smoothie because it takes me less than five minutes in the hot kitchen. Add to it the fact that I am essentially having fruits, keeps the guilt at bay and I sleep so much better at night :P 

I have also found out some hacks you might find useful too.






There is no recipe I am sharing this week - just the combination of ingredients I used. Adjust ingredients in proportions that work for you. 

In general here is a guideline:

  • A liquid base: milk, yogurt, coconut milk, juice, water, soy milk etc
  • Fruits/vegetables: for the main body of the smoothie
  • Nuts/protein powder (if desired): for proteins
  • Some flavour enhancers: think spices, salt, lemon, mint etc
I am sharing some of my favourites from the week with you. 

Orange juice, frozen papaya, salt, pepper

Apple, cinnamon, milk, vanilla, ice cubes


Orange juice, frozen pineapple and mint

Comments

Popular Posts