Blog Makeover

Hello everyone! Before I get into the post, I must begin by giving each and everyone of you a big thankyou for reading my blog and keeping me motivated throughout the past few years.


I spent the last week giving this space a makeover. I had always intended to rework on the design of the blog, but between my irregular blogging and lots of activity on the personal front that kept me busy I never really got to it.

As I approach the third anniversary of this blog I at last decided to finish this project and finally I am proud to present the revamped "SugarInMyCup"


New Tabs 

I have organised the blog with a new menu to guide you through all the posts.
The organisation of the posts is a reflection of how I think - with separate tabs for baking and stove top cooking. I am sometimes actually restless when I have not baked for a long time. And on these occasions not cooking, but baking alone is the cure. 

The tab 'from the Stove Top' features a lot of recipes for everyday cooking that are quick and easy. This section also has a lot of ideas for healthy eating. You will see that I have a lot more recipes in this section, breaking the myth that I am a baker, or all that I like is baking or even worse I am predominantly posting only recipes on baking! 

I love life and cooking is a major part of it - oven or stove top.

New Topics

I have tried to break down the posts into various topics. There is a section for menu inspiration. If you are entertaining at home or just in a mood for some serious cooking, you can check out this space. I will keep posting fun ideas for planning a menu that can save you hours of trouble and google searches. 

If you don't find what you are looking for, please reach out to me and I will be glad to help you plan the menu and share lots of fun and cool ideas.

As of now, I plan to populate the blog with more than just recipes. Some everyday musings, travelogues and fun DIY projects are on the line. I will keep adding new and interesting content slowly. I hope you will follow me on this journey and help me with encouragement and ideas.

New Design

I was getting bored of the design of the blog. I wanted to tweak it for a long time.  But what I eventually got to was a complete overhaul. It's a part of my personality, I get bored easily. I need a constant change to give me a sense of flow in my life. 

If you were following my blog last week, you would have seen a few design changes. Somehow I was not happy with any of them, until this current design. I like it quite a bit actually. I hope you will too! 

I am not saying I will not change the look and feel of the blog ever, for a whimsical person like me that's asking too much. But I can say that this one is here to stay for some time.

New About me

I have intentionally added a whole new About me section. What triggered it was the fact that a lot of my friends while they liked the blog did not realise it was my blog they were visiting. So here it is - the about me section and a pretty picture of me on the home page too!

I admit this is a little narcissistic, but the main reason for putting this up is that I want you to know the person behind the words as well. 

I hope you will continue reading & enjoying the new SugarInMyCup!

Comments

Popular Posts