Palak Paneer Tikka Wraps


While most of my posts for weekday cooking are relegated to simple quick meals, this one is for the days when you want to indulge. May be you want to celebrate a good day at work or forget a bad one. I personally find that I turn to my kitchen on both such occasions.

This particular recipe for palak paneer tikka wraps was invented as they say: on-the-job. I stepped into the kitchen not knowing what I was going to cook and the result was something I could not stop myself from sharing. This recipe is in true sense the product of spontaneous cooking. 



I wanted to eat a healthy meal and palak paneer sounded good. Then somewhere mid-way I digressed and combined what were supposed to be individual components on my dinner plate into a single fabulous wrap (to be honest I ate two of them). Believe me they tasted good enough to be served in a restaurant; I am not indulging in self praise here guys - I got the same review from a friend who tried them out!

Here is how you can recreate them as well.

Ingredients

200 gm Paneer cut into cubes
1 bunch spinach - blanched, drained and pureed
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin 
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 cup thick curd
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tsp olive oil (or any other cooking oil you like)
Salt to taste
Precooked chapatis
Mixed salad vegetables of your choice ( I used lettuce, onion, carrot, radish, tomatoes and red bell pepper)
Tamarind chutney
Green coriander chutney

How to

Dry roast the fennel, cumin and coriander seeds on a pan and grind into a coarse powder using a mortar and pestle.

In a bowl, mix together the spice mix, curd, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp of ginger paste, 1 tsp of garlic paste and salt into an even mixture. 

Toss the paneer pieces in the curd mixture and keep aside for marinating for at least 20 minutes. I used this time to prep my salad vegetables and also making the chapatis.



In a flat pan heat a tsp of oil. Once hot, saute the marinated paneer cubes until it is lightly browned on each side. Once done, remove from heat and keep aside.



In another pan heat a tsp of oil and stir in a tsp each of ginger and garlic paste. Saute for 2 minutes until cooked.

Next add the finely chopped onions and saute until translucent.

Toss in the spinach puree, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt. Toss in the pan till the spinach is cooked through.

Add the paneer cubes and cook for another minute. Keep aside.

Arrange the wrap:



Spread some green chutney and tamarind chutney on the chapati. Top with some salad and finally spread some palak paneer filling. Roll into a wrap and enjoy!



Do let me know how you liked the recipe and any other weekday recipes you make.

Comments

Popular Posts