All the feasting

Hey everyone!

Trust you all had an awesome festive season. While I know that the festivities are still in full swing, I thought it is a good time to post what my festive platters have been looking like.

I have been pretty irregular - my apologies. Loads going on and I am running around every weekend. More on that later.

As for now, here are some pics of the promised Diwali buffet.

PS: some of the food left the table before I could click any pictures. Here is what I  could get :P

Daal jodhpuri



Dahi Bhalle



Isn't this pic above just gorgeous. Someday I will get huge laminates of my favourite recipe pics and put them up in my kitchen .... someday! sigh!

Handwa



Shahi toast my style 

My style here is just to dry toast the bread slices until very crisp and brown. Then drizzle over a little sugar syrup and top them with fresh cream and cardamom powder. In essence, it saves you a hell lot of calories by avoiding frying the bread slices. With so much food around, any place to cheat in favour of health gets a thumbs up!





Kabuli pulao

Though the recipe did not call for it, but I made this pulao in a 'dum' style. What I ended up with was a huge pot full of fragrant and mouth watering dum-cooked kabuli pulao - yummmmm 




If you would like to get the recipe of any of the above or get suggestions on menu planning for an occasion please leave a comment. 

I would love to share my recipes and ideas!

Happy cooking everyone  :)

Comments

Popular Posts