The perfect breakfast omelette

I know a lot of my friends skip breakfast in the morning as they are running late for work. A lot of others grab something on the way. I belong to the second kind - though every once in a while I find the time for a more relaxed breakfast - where I savour not only the process of cooking but also have the time to sit back and enjoy my breakfast at leisure. 

This omelette is perfect for a quick weekday breakfast - when I don't have much time but am in no mood to compromise on the taste a well. All I want is a hearty breakfast and a hearty breakfast it is.


INGREDIENTS

2 eggs
2 tbs milk
2 mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup spinach leaves - blanched
2 tbs cheese - grated 
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
Butter

HOW TO

In a pan saute the mushrooms with a little salt and pepper. Keep aside.

Whisk the eggs together with the milk. 

In a pan heat some butter, pour in the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook for a few minutes on one side and then flip over.



Stuff with the spinach, mushroom and cheese (I used cheddar - feel free to use the cheese of your choice).

Serve with toasted bread and a hot cup of coffee.

PS: This is the 51st post on my blog - I have had an amazing time sharing a few snippets of my life and kitchen with you. Hope you have enjoyed it as much. Thanks for the support throughout this journey !!!

Comments

Popular Posts