Spicy Potato Wedges

I have not been blogging a lot of late... but that does not mean I have not been cooking at all. However it has usually been the quick and easy everyday home-cooking. I don't mind sharing the everyday recipes at all... but the pace of life has been a little frantic with too much happening at the same time. In between all of this, I did not find time to devote to the blog at all. Although its not something I am particularly proud of !!!

I am quite a moody person when it comes to cooking - I can hardly find a definition to my cooking style. While at times I like to get into the intricacies of a fairly complicated recipe, on other occasions I stick to the no fuss, easy-to-make recipes. And at times its the latter that are infinitely more satisfying !



The recipe for the spicy potato fingers is a joy to make coz its required literally 5 minutes of preparation time, but does require a lot of patience as they are baked in the oven as opposed to to being deep fried. Of course you could opt for the deep fried version in which case the the fries are tossed in the spice mix (skip the oil and mix together the spices in the lemon juice) after being fried.

Spicy Potato Wedges (Baked)

4-5 medium potatoes
1 tbs vegetable oil
1/4 tsp chilli flakes 
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tbs lemon juice
Salt to taste

Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius. Peel the potatoes and cut the potatoes into wedges. I kept the skins on though.



Mix together all the remaining ingredients except the lime juice and marinate the potato wedges for 10 minutes.



Spread evenly on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes till they are crisp and golden. Drizzle lemon juice just before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts