Chocolate Chip Cookies

Have been travelling extensively over the last few weeks... which explains my absence from the blog. 

Visited my sister as well among other things - which also means I had to bake something for her and carry it along. I am not complaining at all 'coz she is one person who is extremely appreciative. Also she is the one who used to play the white mouse while I experimented with cooking and baking. Even the baking disasters were well received. It's only fair that I let her indulge when I am much better at it .. :)

I decided to bake cookies since they carry well and can be stored for some time unlike cakes and brownies.

My sister loved them - as did her friends. The cookies were not eaten they were hogged at ... and I have been INSTRUCTED to make the next batch soon !!!


Chocolate Chip Cookies



3 eggs
150 gm white sugar
200 gm brown sugar
200 gm melted butter
3 cups flour - sifted
350 gm dark chocolate (chips / cut into chunks)
Pinch of salt
1.5 tbs yeast
1 tbs vanilla extract

In a bowl whisk eggs. Add the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt slowly and continue whisking until the eggs are frothy.

Mix together the flour and the yeast.

Add the butter and flour to the mixture in small amounts alternating between the two. Mix with a wooden spoon till it is well mixed. 

Now add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture so as to distribute evenly. Refrigerate for atleast an hour. 

Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. 

Butter a baking tray and make small balls with the batter. Place on the baking tray leaving some space between them to allow space for the cookies.

Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes depending how chewy you like them.


Once taken out from the oven, take them off the baking tray immediately or they will get to dry and hard. Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool before storing.

Keep the batter back in the refrigerator between batches so that it remains easy to work with.

Comments

Popular Posts