Heavenly Chocolate Cake

I don't consider myself as a chocolate person. I can linger over a bar of chocolate for days or weeks. There have been occasions where I have totally forgotten about the chocolate I bought, only to find it weeks later, and then too, decided to eat it some other time. 

At other times, I have gone through a whole bar in under two minutes - by the way, what's the world record for eating chocolates??? May be I can qualify. 

Given a choice between chocolate and vanilla, I will probably pick vanilla. But there comes a time in everyone's life when they discover something groundbreaking, something that defies all beliefs, something that makes one ponder over all the choices they have made in the past... 

Vanilla or chocolate ??? Probably chocolate this time... :)


Forget love...I would rather plunge happily into chocolate ... dark and sinfully rich chocolate ... 

The reason why I have suddenly turned all starry eyed and literally floating on a clouds of this moist chocolate heaven is the ultimate chocolate cake I baked yesterday. The initial plan was to bake brownies, but I chanced upon a recipe written down in my diary, which I had never tried before - I sense some secret force at work here ... haha...



Anyway, I must have written it down intending to try it soon, but never came around to it - don't ask me why. I guess there is a time for everything - and now that I have tasted it - there is no looking back !

Moist Chocolate Cake

250 gm dark chocolate
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup yogurt ( or sour cream)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cup refined flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup boiling water
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt




Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Butter and flour a cake mould.

In a double boiler melt 200 gm of the dark chocolate and the butter. Add the boiling water and mix well. Keep aside. 

Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt a couple of times. Keep aside.

In another bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and sugar till they almost double in volume. Reserve.

Mix together the yogurt with the baking soda till it becomes frothy. Reserve.

Add the chocolate to the egg mix. Add all the dry ingredients and fold with a wooden spoon until well incorporated. Add the yogurt mixture and the remaining 50 grams of the chocolate.

Pour in the mould and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 50 minutes.




The best chocolate cake I have tried ever - at home or outside. This officially marks the beginning of my love affair with LA CHOCOLAT !

Comments

  1. Oh my that looks so delish...love it..so moist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts