Button Cookies : Chocolate and Vanilla


At times I feel very craftsy... this is a tale of one such time.

I had come across these cute cookies long back somewhere on the internet and had instantly liked the idea and the look of them. 

But I never came around to making them - until now that is!




I knew this was going to be crafty business, and something I need to do when I am calm..maybe that's the reason I never got to making them before.






December is a good time to take stock of things and finish all unfinished business. Well, this was my unfinished business and so this had to be attended to this December.


Ingredients

1 1/2 cup flour + little extra (if needed)
1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
4 tbs cornflour
4 tbs cocoa powder





How To

Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl.

Add the egg and Vanilla and continue to whisk till it is all combined.

Add all the dry ingredients (except the cocoa) and mix together with the back of a wooden spoon.

The mixture should come together into a dough which is easy to roll.

If your dough a wet, add some flour a little at a time till it forms into a soft ball.

Divide the dough  into 2 and to one add the cocoa powder and mix well.

Now roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and cut into circles.

Imprint with a smaller circle cutter and make 2 or 4 holes with the back of a skewer.




Place on a baking sheet and bake at 170 degree Celsius for 9 to 10 minutes.

Have a nice time baking everyone!



Comments

Popular Posts