Pasta summer-salad

Summer - pasta - salad 

At least two of the last three words I really  like... And summer is not one of them. 

Let's just say that "Summer" in India is not the best of the times as far as weather goes - and the fact that I celebrate my birthday during this season is possibly the only saving grace.

I stay tucked in my house till it's late in the evening and it takes much coaxing to push me into the kitchen. Believe me ... It takes a lot (!) to keep me out of the kitchen ...




This particular pasta salad is a warm salad - for the summer evenings. It's light and refreshing on the palate and quick to put together. I make different versions of the salad depending in what I have in my kitchen. 

Ingredients 

1/4 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup broccoli florets ( blanched )
1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/4 cup red onions 
4-5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 cup boiled pasta as per package instructions ( use any shape as per ur choice - penne, farafelle and fusilli work best )
2 tsp Olive oil 
Italian seasoning ( to taste )
Salt to taste 

How to

In a large pan heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic in it.

Next add the vegetables - beginning with onions, carrots, broccoli and then the red bell peppers. 




Season with the Italian seasoning and salt. Toss for sometime till the vegetables are cooked but still retain the crunch. Look for a slight caramalization on the vegetables for that wonderful flavour.

Tip in the boiled pasta and toss for a couple of minutes. Adjust the seasoning if required.

Serve warm.


Comments

Popular Posts