Breakfast OATS with dry fruits and cinnamon

I love oats - I mean I seriously love them. Not in the "oh - coz they are so healthy" way but in the genuine love that emanates from some deep recess in the heart way ... 

Yeah, in retrospect, that is a little over-board but you get the point, right ?

The fact that they are healthy and filling and a perfect breakfast option makes me love them even better. 



I generally don't add any embellishments to the good old oats - never felt the need to. But like they say, "there is always a first time".

I had an extra five minutes in the morning and a flash of creativity coursing through my mind and it lead to a fabulous discovery. These cinnamon dusted and dry fruit topped oats are definitely a winner with me. 

Three easy steps and I was sorted for breakfast - and this is by far the best weekday breakfast I have had in months.

Step 1: 

Prepare a portion of instant oats or any other oats you like. I use instant variety as I hardly have time in the morning.

Step 2:

Chop up a mix of dry fruits. I used dried apricots, black currants, almonds and walnuts. Sprinkle on the oats.

Step 3:

Dust with a pinch of cinnamon and eat away.

Optional: I also sprinkled a table spoon of muesli / granola for an extra crunch.

PS: I made my version of the oats without any sugar. The dusting of cinnamon and the sweetness of the currants and apricots makes up for the absence of any sweetener. Feel free to add sugar if you like things a little on the sweeter side.

Comments

Popular Posts