Wheatgrass Smoothie

Have been going to the gym every alternate day this week and I feel amazing - had been skipping it for a while now and it felt pretty embarrassing. Needless to say I was so upbeat that I decided to continue it into the week as well. Woke up early in the morning and decided to go a lake nearby to get a morning walk. But the weather Gods are not so kind these days in Bangalore. After barely a few steps I knew it is not meant to be - the walk can wait till better weather prevails. 

Ended up having a breakfast of rava idli and tea and did a bit of grocery shopping. By a bit I literally mean A BIT - just flat rice noodles (pad thai coming up soon !!!) and wheatgrass :)

I have never made anything or tasted anything with wheatgrass before but have read a lot about the benefits of this wonder food. 


The beautifully fresh and velvety green leaves are a power house of energy and heath benefits and with the summer fast approaching I suggest everyone should incorporate it into their juices and smoothies. Smoothies are also an excellent way to keep yourself hydrated during the scorching summer months.



Try this super tasty fruit smoothie that I made this morning as soon as I got back home. My initial inhibitions about wheatgrass dissipated into thin air (I thought it would taste too grassy in a yuck sort of way - how wrong was I)

I could get my hands on a pack of wheatgrass in the super market - for those of you who cannot find it so easily, please go ahead and grow our own. Hardly takes a few days and I guess it will be much more fun !

INGREDIENTS

Makes two servings

1 bunch wheatgrass
1 medium apple diced
1 orange (de-seeded and cleaned)
2 tbs honey
Few mint leaves 
1 tsp lemon juice
Ice cubes

HOW TO

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Serve



That's all there is to it - just one step and a few ingredients. Point is, there is no excuse for not trying this one !

Forgot to mention - also bought some of these lovely flowers while I was out - such pretty little things - in love with them.



Here is to a healthy life and a fun weekend ahead...


Comments

Popular Posts