No Sweet Endings....

Got a dinner invite from some friends in the afternoon. I agreed to join them at 8:30 in Bandra - which was a long shot - as anybody familiar with Mumbai traffic over the peak hours could understand. Luckily for me, I did not get stuck in traffic at all and made it 20 minutes ahead of time! Good thing 'cause I don't want to be late when I am meeting a German friend!

I wasn't particularly hungry, but I was looking forward to the company and the conversation...

Dinner Destination: Moshe's in Bandra


The reason why we decided to eat at Moshe's was because we had heard that they serve amazing steak and my Irish and German friends had been dying to dig into steak after surviving for weeks on chicken alone.

I was quick to decide my order of salad while the others busied themselves in deciding what they wanted to eat. Meanwhile I clicked random pictures...



Waiting for our dinner, we happened to discuss the Christmas cake that is baked at my friend's place in Ireland where the nuts and fruits are soaked rum for a year (sometimes even two !!!!) before being used in the cake. I can only imagine how heavenly the cake must taste...! yum!


Meanwhile the starters arrived: garlic bread with melted cheese, and spicy chicken hummus with pita bread.

I ate a slice of the garlic bread and a couple of bites of the hummus. Personally, I preferred the garlic bread to the hummus and pita.


More conversation followed by more food...

I had a salad...


While my friends enjoyed their steak....




Dinner was delicious. Everybody was super happy with what they ate! We even went around tasting what the others had ordered - it was all good!

We decided to order baklava to finish of what had been a near perfect meal so far. Unfortunately, they ran out of the baklava portions. What a shame - I was looking forward to a sweet ending...

I headed home soon after - was a late by the time I tucked into my bed!It was already 2 am and there is office tomorrow... Good Night!

Comments

Popular Posts